Google Shopping Specialist
What is Google Shopping?
Google shopping is Google’s pay per click advertising platform that connects buyers with your ecommerce store to increase your product sales. This is done with product ads in the Google AdWords advertising system.
The image below shows examples of Google Shopping ads.
Shopping ads are eligible to appear on:
- Google search results
- Google Shopping tab on Google
- Google Search Partners
- Google Display Network, including YouTube and Gmail
How Google Shopping works
Google Shopping allows you to advertise the products on your ecommerce website. A data feed, otherwise known as a shopping feed or product feed, in simple terms is a list of products and their attributes, like price, availability, brand, condition and so on. For example, with a WordPress website, there are shopping feed plugins that handle the interaction of the feed with your ecommerce system, for example WooCommerce.
The product data feed from your ecommerce system connects to Google Merchant Center (GMC) and that is where the feed lives. In turn, the data feed connects to Google AdWords, where you can set up a Google Shopping campaign that actually delivers the ads and where you can control your daily budget, product bids and targeting etc. When someone searches with keywords related to your products, your ads may show and then they click on the ad to land on the product page on your website.
Google Shopping process
Website > Product feed > Google Merchant Center > Adwords > Ads in search results > Click to website product page > Product sales
Benefits of Google Shopping
- Lower cost per click than Google text ads
- Higher conversion rates than Google text ads
- Information-rich ads with a product image
- Buyers have a high intent to purchase
How I can help
As a Google Shopping specialist, I can do the following to maximise profit for your Google Shopping campaign.
- Set up and configure your Google shopping product data feed from your website content management system, e.g. WordPress, or if you have a custom ecommerce system, work with your web developer to get the feed working.
- Set up Google Merchant Center, add the shopping feed, configure and link to Google AdWords.
- Set up Google Shopping campaigns in AdWords based on your business goals.
- Optimise and improve campaigns in AdWords.
- Work with your developer to set up Google Analytics Ecommerce Tracking so that there is complete transparency of product sales data and performance of the campaigns.
Why choose Espan Digital
I’ve been using AdWords since 2007 and have experience in many different business sectors as an AdWords consultant. I’ve been a Google Certified Partner for many years with a track record of helping clients grow and sell more products and services.
I not only set up Google Shopping campaigns, I can set up other services including text ads, remarketing and Display campaigns and use my extensive digital marketing experience for your business.
As a smaller and agile AdWords agency, I have lower overheads and therefore charge reasonable rates compared to other Google Shopping experts. I’m just a phone call away and can be reached directly on the phone if you need to talk with me. I am very happy to discuss how Google Shopping works and how it can help your business.